The Sidings Veterinary Surgery can also treat your horse. Diane Wilson carries out the majority of this work, with assistance from vets, Patrick, Anna and Lily.
Routine horse visits are undertaken between 9am and 5pm on weekdays, although we will visit at any time for emergencies, of course. Please telephone the surgery to request a visit.
If your horse or pony is on long-term medication, it will often be possible to supply further drugs without a re-examination every time.We can only provide this service if you comply with our request to visit your horse at regular intervals, to ensure that the medication is still effective.
This is obviously in your horse’s best interests, and the veterinary surgeon will advise you of how often a check-up is required.
Equine Services & Facilities
- Pre-purchase examinations
- Lameness evaluation
- Ultra-sound examination of e.g.tendons
- In-house blood sample analysis
- In-house faecal worm egg counts
- Dental examinations & corrective treatment
- Advice on effective worm control
- Digital radiography (X-rays) with a portable machine
- Therapeutic laser treatment
If a horse requires more in-depth investigations following illness or injury we may recommend referral to a local equine hospital.